Project Runway: Finale!

faked by Thursday, March 9th, 2006

Note: spoilers ahead! If you’ve got it cued up in the Tivo (because you live in Arizona, or something ridiculous like that)—beware!

Blurgle. I’m hungover from all the champagne and almost started tearing up when Jaysus honked the horn this morning to pick me up for work (my lil’ car is in the shoppe). Still, PR proved a great time. And, is it just me, or is Debra Messing fashion-literate? Who knew!

Nina Garcia = hott. See you next season!

15 Responses to “Project Runway: Finale!”

1. Is it just me, or was Debra Messing merely mouthing things she’d heard the judges say previously, or perhaps reading them phonetically off cue cards?

People: I don’t like him any better than you do, but Santino wuz robbed. All season: “tone it down, Santino! tone it down!” Finale: “Too toned down, Santino. Also, we enjoy watching you fail.”

We had a delightful dinner at the home of Bobby and J Hill, three pizzas served one after the other in an orgy of homemade crusts and cheese and…well, I don’t think the pepperoni or shrimp were homemade, but they were delicious. Thanks, guys!

And what of ANTM? I got punched for laughing during the Katrina refugee’s story, but I wasn’t laughing at her refugeedom, but rather at the judges’ miserably failed attempts to look soulful and sympathetic. Tyra seemed flummoxed that here was a problem beyond the power of her deep, thoughtful nod to fix.

Things I was freaked out by: phone sex operator ANTM contestant, and also the transgendered Macaulay Culkin lookalike who introduced the bald photo shoot thing with Jay.

2. sally says:

Oh, this is so cool. I love these types of cartoons. I would like to point out that some of us had bacon on our mashed potatoes as well.

And while some of the evening is a blur, I do remember you saying that you were sexually aroused by the mashed potatoes.

Oh! I just noticed the needles and thread! So cool!

3. Mr. Mooch says:

santino’s was the best he’d ever done so far, by far. i was saying by the end of the shows they’d pick him. i liked Danny V’s stuff the best. Chloe had some good stuff but she had some shinny, puffy shoulder crap that was just jaw droppingly bad. generally i like her but this collection sorta sucked. santino’s was pretty good and his reg. stuff all season wasn’t my thing. Danny V is the most consistently good designer of the lot and i thought he should win, even though it would mean boring TV (what, Daniel V wins AGAIN?).

Debrea Messing was almost completely edited out of the judging. she must have been less than insightful.

4. vendela says:

at first i hated chloe’s poofs. but then…it was like listening to modest mouse’s “lonesome crowded west” for the first time. first, you go: “yuck! what’s that dirt?” then: “it’s contrary…yet beautiful, too.” and then, “it’s my favorite freakin’ record of all time!”

and sure, some of chloe’s shrugs were pretty gaggy, but i was less excited than i wanted to be by santino’s line. and daniel’s, while very good, looked too much like something my granny combs would be in a tizzy to drive to houston to purchase. and those tassled badge thingies were pukey.

i guess i just felt like i’d seen both of their collections at dillard’s before. and you have to admit that blue dress that finished chloe’s line was gorgeous, gorjus.

and they were all really well-made. and i never thought she’d win, so i couldn’t believe how happy i was when she did. and gorjus, you never called me back, even though i left a desperate message. i mean, i was ALL ALONE while you gorjed on spring rolls due to the fact that i had to hang out with my KIDS. shame on you.

5. vendela says:

i just watched kara’s collection on the project runway website. it kicked the ass of EVERYONE’S. and from her excitement, you could tell she knew it.

6. Darren says:

“Contessa aptly pointed out that the hostess for that reality cooking show that follows PR seems to be a real live hostess from Macaroni Grill.”

You mean Mrs. Billy Joel? Wow, does she suck.

Wow.

7. Lucy says:

V, I just watched Kara’s, too, and totally agree with you. It was more high-fashion than Daniel’s or Santino’s, and less fugly than Chloe’s. If only her dress for Iman hadn’t been so craptastic (wasn’t that the prior challenge?), she might have won the whole thing. Which would have been strange, really, since she sucked or was mediocre almost the whole show.

8. vendela says:

yeah. i think she’s maybe just someone who needed more than 20 minutes to shop and a day to think and sew. also, you can buy her dresses on the pr website. if only i had $200, that black/fushia kimono would be mine!

9. Sue says:

I’m gonna jump on the bandwagon and say that, after watching Kara’s show on the website, I definitely think it was the best. She finally became the creative color designer that she apparently originally claimed to be. Beautiful stuff.

So glad to hear others commenting on the weird poofy-sleevedness of Chloe’s line. I kept screaming (at least in my head), “PROM DRESS! PROM DRESS!”. Her stuff looked slightly more interesting when I saw it on the website today, without the red wine fog. But still, not terribly exciting. I thought all three were pretty dull. Oh well.

Is anyone else excited that Chili from TLC (okay, at least her twin) is competing to be America’s Next Top Model?

10. That wasn’t just in your head, believe me. And what happened to your new, street-edgy screen name, “Look mothafuckas?”

Um. I like “Sue” sooooo much better!

12. Sue says:

In the light of day, I had second thoughts about that particular nom de plume.

13. Dotty Parka says:

Don’t forget, y’all, they had seven months to do their collections.

SEVEN MONTHS.

And that’s what they came up with. It was all crap-tastic, in my book.

14. Mr. Mooch says:

i thought they had like 3 not 7. wow. you know, as much as i liked Danny V, those bags SU-UCKED!

15. Dotty Parka says:

Hmmm… I looked on the website but couldn’t find clarification in regards to the 3/7 month issue. (And yes, those bags totally sucked. I wonder how many 11th graders worked on those in woodshop class.)