cosmos.

faked by Wednesday, February 18th, 2004

cosmos color.jpg

image of chris bell taken from a photo by david bell.

15 Responses to “cosmos.”

1. Madac says:

Sounds like a really fun guy! 🙂

What is the record for the Big Star shirt now? 3-4 days? 😉

Haw haw!
    I’m glad someone else pointed out that you’ve been wearing the SAME freaking shirt for 3 or 4 weeks now.

This is an interesting comic, though, because the first half is all cartoony and the second half is serious and beautifully drawn. Not that that guy’s afro and your muppety mouth aren’t beautiful or anything.

3. My god. The lower half is astonishing. Well done, sir.

4. t. says:

“Yeah Yeah Yeahs”? And you made fun of me for owning The Strokes.

5. jp! says:

haw! the 3xyeahs have chicks in the band so you get to slide for liking them!

1st panel you 2 look kinda mad at each other. the last pannel you have lightening bolts shooting off of your hands. now THAT is funny. what the hell is htat in his hand?

Note, this may be one of the first, or at least the few, drawings i’ve ever seen by Gorj that has a black person in it. never seen him draw black ppl before.

as for the bottom, anyone with eyeballs can see.

so does this mean we’ll be seeing some gasoline alley type layouts soon?

Those are his glasses flying out of his hands!

Damn, jp!, are you drunk already?

Yes, they are his glasses! Yes, Gasoline Alley rip-offs are imminent.

Panel 1: suspicion.
    Panel 2: Joy at mutual affection.
    Panel 3: brotherhood through power pop.

Yes, it is his glasses. He has yanked them off in celebration. I suppose I don’t draw black “ppl” so much because most of the “ppl” I draw are you, me, and Sally!!

But I’m a black prsn.

9. jp! says:

i wasn’t saying you should do a jackson advocate cartoon, i was just saying it was interesting to see a black person, as i’d never seen you draw a black person.

glasses. god, why didn’t i see that? i’m blind.

10. gclark says:

speak o’ the devil re: big star—
    http://www.nme.com/news/story.htm?ID=107587—“BIG STAR are set to begin work on their fourth album – 25 years after the release of their third.

“According to Billboard, original members Alex Chilton and Jody Stephens will be joined in the studio by Posies frontmen Jon Auer and Ken Stringfellow”—

what?? WHAT?? WHAT?????

i’ve actually been listening to their Columbia show more than anything else lately, and you know what? It sounds GREAT.

12. Big Gray says:

So I finally heard that Yeah Yeah Yeahs song. It WAS pretty good. I was bored of the record, though, pretty quickly. I put in Teenage Fanclub after awhile, and all was well with the world. I’m convinced that power pop has the power to save us all, but no one ever pays attention to what I say.

13. gclark says:

oh, i’m paying attention. preachin’ to the choir, my man.

yah, that album is just okay. that’s a great song, but the promise of their first EP—startling, ragged, and intelligent—was just not lived up to.

15. herman rarebell says:

the promise of an even bigger headache?